Monday, July 27, 2009

Surf's Up!

Wow--I just had the thrill of a lifetime. Thanks to my sweet friend Rachel, one of my life long dreams came true today: I learned to surf. And it was glorious. Me, Rach, Bobby, his sister Rachael and her fiance Marshall, headed out to Emma Wood beach in Ventura to catch some waves. It could not have been more perfect. Bobby "The Master" patiently and expertly showed me the ropes, while Rachel glided off capably with her short board [well, half capably...;)]. Everything was a blast, from the adrenaline of feeling your first wave approaching and the rush to catch it, to getting the board knocked up in the air and having your nasal passages infused with ocean water. I'm already sore, and definitely expect to some gnarly bruises tomorrow--but I'm totally stoked on that. :)



We stayed out until sunset, and boy, did my Father paint a lovely scene tonight. Hot pink hues lit up the sky, then turned rosy when reflected in the teal water. As the sun began to say it's goodbye for the night, Rach and I stopped to bid it adieu. As my neon yellow board floated amidst the soothing rythym of the waves, my eyes took in the grandeur of burning orange sunlight shooting over the rugged, stately mountains lining the coast. Moments later it disappeared, leaving a few remnants lingering in the clouds. Like I said, perfect.

These pictures were taken with my phone, so it doesn't even come close to doing the display justice, but then again, God is so glorious, I don't think anything really can. I love Him. :D



4 comments:

  1. Hahaha Beautifully put my Ashpea! Hahaha "and having your nasal passages infused with ocean water." Oh how I love you.

    ReplyDelete